Sunday, October 28, 2012

Downton Abbey


Just before we headed back from Crete, Greek TV was showing episodes of various British (or English speaking) TV shows. They had Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey, Upstairs Downstairs and Wallander. I avoided the last of these because I didn’t want to see all the emoting, but watched the first two and enjoyed them both. Back here we borrowed the first series of Downton Abbey from Caroline’s parents and have nearly watched it all the way through.


I know it probably doesn’t do much for my street cred but I’m enjoying it immensely and want to see the rest. Nice one Mr Fellows. 

4 comments:

Darren Goldsmith said...

First series is great. It then gets a little bit 'soap opera' for me...

Phil M said...

Mrs Phil watches it and enjoys it, not enough violence and aliens for me though

Neal Asher said...

That's where so many series go, Darren. I remember watching things like Casualty, The Bill and Holby City before they made that transformation.

Light and shade, Phil M. Having enjoyed Downton Abbey I can now turn to Prometheus with a clear conscience.

Neal Asher said...

I have to add something here. It's blatantly obvious that the two bad guys amidst the servants at Downton Abbey are the smokers. It's only them you see chuffing on cigarettes outside in the courtyard as they discuss their dastardly plots. This in a time when just about everyone smoked. How's that for a nice bit of politically correct subliminal indoctrination?